Participating in the PA Base Map is easy and benefits everyone in the Commonwealth.
The PA Base Map supports:
- A consistent set of geospatial data that can be used collectively and too costly to duplicate among various levels of government and the private sector.
- Accessed through a single authoritative source in a format that is readily consumed by a technical and non-technical audience.
- And generated from a collection of core data layers that meet all the needs of distinct end users (i.e. State Government Agencies, County and Local Government or Public / Private sector)
Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Contact PASDA at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 2: PASDA will discuss with you the data you wish to share and how often you will want to update the data.
- Step 3: PASDA will also create metadata for you or update your existing metadata if necessary.
- Step 4: We will arrange with you how to transfer the data. We have multiple ways of transferring data and will make sure the process is fast and efficient. PASDA will notify you when your data is ready so you can review it.
Why Participate in the PA Base Map?
Sharing data encourages collaboration among organizations, provides for informed decision-making and reduces redundancy of data production, storage, and access.
By sharing your data you are providing an important service to your community, data stakeholders, and the Commonwealth. Data sharing reduces redundancy, saves crucial time and money.
PASDA stores and archives your data for free and maintains historic versions of your data for long term preservation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact PASDA at email@example.com